Friday, March 27, 2009

Meanderings

Okay, some more sketchy crap.

Photobucket
Brainstorming

Photobucket
I ended up giving her straight-cut bangs instead of the hairclip, but the expressions stay more or less the same.

Photobucket Photobucket

Creature doodlies
Photobucket Photobucket


Initial inspiration came from the style of Scott Pilgrim, and I had totally wanted to use a video game-ish structure to it, but I think I've dropped that idea.
Photobucket

The poem Instructions, by Neil Gaiman sort of steered me in the direction I'm going - he's one of my favourite authors on the basis of his ability to write the fantastic and ordinary and blend them so flawlessly. That's a little what I'm striving for I suppose.

And while I was inspired by many of Miyazaki's works, it was the short animated piece 'Wolf Daddy' that had the voice that I was looking for.

No comments: